Help relax the mind, reduce stress, and build awareness of the moment with guided movement & meditation. The last 15 minutes (Sundays only) will address a key meditation/mindfulness practice, allow for questions and sharing, or a brief inspirational reading. No experience necessary; techniques will be taught. All levels are welcome. Bolsters, blankets, & chairs are available to ensure that
For more information, please email Cheryl at ROLmeditation@gmail.com (Range of
Holiday Cheers for a Happy New Years!
We are available for private, semi-private lessons, performances, small classes/parties during the holidays and beyond. We look forward to seeing you in the new year air soon!!!
- New students buy 1 get one free, redeemable in 3 months.
- Mention AERIAL-WINTER16 during Jan registration, and we'll sign you up for a special AerialSierra winter gift.
- Injury attention special: if you are an existing AS student and are injured, please talk to our teachers about possible free drop in for restorative practice to work with your injury in supportive environment. We will only coach you, you are not officially part of class but can partake in all stretching and activity that feels ok for your injury. With advance notice, we can design class to accommodate your injury if possible.
- Private and semi-private class cost is $65hr.
Check out our Facebook page for up to date schedules and info.
Flow Arts is a body-mind activity like Yoga that helps us focus our minds at the same time we hone our physical abilities and develop hand eye coordination and build left brain and right brain separation. Many people describe their flow activity as a “moving meditation”. There are many health benefits to Flow Arts as well.
A skill-based movement art naturally brings more of our awareness to our bodies. As we use our muscles to control props through space and to dance with the props we are engaging in an easy and fun form of exercise. Many flow artists achieve a greater degree of fitness, and are even driven to do additional strength and flexibility training simply to perform better at their art.
During this season of Thanksgiving we are drawn from within ourselves to express our thanks for those working to improve our world and society. During this winter season we encourage you to recall the moments when your life was touched by someone acting out of compassion or altruism and consider they ways you might be able to give back to your community or world.
At Mountain Sol Yoga we are proud to support the following local, regional, national, and international organizations with our gifts and services.
" Fall Reflections "
Greetings fellow yogis and yoginis,
Autumn has returned to the Eastern Sierras, marked by the beautiful color performance in every canyon. As the weather cools, the wind blows and the days grow short, the properties of Vata (air, such as force, dryness, coldness, lightness, and wind), are present in nature and our inherent personalities. An influx of Vata in the fall increases chaos and imbalance during this transitional season. This makes it the perfect time to return to our mats and reconnect with our selves. This is the season to replenish and root down, leaving the frenetic but playful pace of summer behind. In the spirit of autumn, consider taking advantage of our “Hello Fall” Seasonal Special Offers: 5 Class Pass for $50, 1 Month Unlimited for $70, and 2 Month Unlimited for $120. Available to purchase in person or online until November 1.
At Mountain Sol Yoga, it’s been a busy few months as well. We moved swiftly into September and celebrated our six-month anniversary. Our community of talented teachers has blossomed to include some new faces. Please welcome Matt Buonaguidi, Cheryl Petersen, Derek Rieger, Jesse House, Lindsay Yanco and Linda Danner. Each has graced us with their individual teaching style and strengths allowing us to increase the diversity in our yoga offerings. Take a moment to check out their individual bios on our website here.
As we continue to deepen into the fall season, we look forward to offering more classes and workshops.
- Cheryl Petersen Is hosting an Introduction to Meditation workshop on Sunday, October 30. Please visit our website for more details. More information about meditation offerings can be found here.
- AerialSierra 'O aku Core & Fitness will offer an Introduction to Aerial Silks this fall, dates TBD. Please visit our website or Facebook page for details.
- Gracie Hammer will continue to offer educational and fun workshops on essential oils blessing us with her knowledge of how to incorporate essential oils into our daily lives.
- Natalie Goldman is offering Reflexology by appointment. Visit our website for information.
- Erin Koehler is currently accepting new patients for Ayurvedic medicine consults and will continue to host Ayurvedic oriented workshops at the studio during the fall and winter. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Get more information on Ayurveda offerings here.
With various teacher changes and schedule changes happening for the fall/winter season, please do take a moment to check the online schedule before coming to class. New paper schedules will be available soon at the studio for your convenience.
We continue to seek improvement to our space with additional retail offerings including jewelry, essential oils from Ananda and doTerra, beverage containers and a variety of yoga mats and accessories from Manduka. We will soon be offering retail yoga props to enhance your home practice and an assortment of eclectic treasures.
This reflective pause and transition, like the leaves of fall, are fleeting. We invite you to take the time to come back to your mat, back to your local studio, and to embrace all the season’s changes have to offer.
Mountain Sol Yoga & Holistic Healing
We were lucky to have the special guest appearance of talented musicians Jim Doney and Maya Rose grace us with their presence on June 5th-7th. They performed and energized our studio with their beautiful Mandala Healing Music for those of you who were lucky to be in class those days. Please check out a short performance on their YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv0JUoSK4Q.
We hope to have them visit again and wish them safe travels on their journey!
We are honored to have been invited to host three yoga sessions for the Mammoth Lakes Film Festival (MLFF) filmmakers and their guests during their stay in Mammoth.
MLFF is a five-day festival that screens 50 films in Mammoth Lakes, California from May 25 – 29, 2016. In addition to the film screenings there are special events throughout the Memorial Day Weekend. We feel fortunate to provide an opportunity for mindfulness and relaxation to these creative artists.
Please consider coming out to a screening of a film and supporting this incredible event hosted in our community.
More information at: http://www.mammothlakesfilmfestival.com